The earthing lightning system is a very important component that must not ignore at any cost. It is vital as it ensures the safety and security of equipment and, most importantly, people. It makes sure that there are no chances of an accident. Earthing is essential as it safely discharges the excessive current into the ground making sure that everyone and everything is safe, and thus there is no possibility of irreparable damages. Therefore, it provides the passage through which electrical charge can be released into the ground for the safety of human and electrical gadgets. It aims to regulate conductors regarding the conducting surface of the earth. Earthing system is necessary that is to be used in all the electrical installations such as:
- It is absolutely necessary as it protects people against electrical shocks as these can cause huge damage to human life, sometimes fatal.
- It also makes sure that there is no damage to electrical appliances because it prevents the current from passing through them; thus, they are safe and secure.
- Sometimes electric leakage can cause fire, and thus by using the right electrical system, one can prevent this from happening.
As for earthing plays such an important role, it is. Therefore, essential one must consider certain factors before choosing the right earthing system. The factors will decide what kind of earthing are required and so on. The most important factor is the kind of soil as it determines the effectiveness of earthing. Various soil constituents such as moisture level, salt in the soil, and its resistance will decide how the earthing is made. Soil composition also affects the type of earthing. There is a difference between how earthing systems are made for wet soil and dry soil. Another important factor that is to take care of is the location of the pit. It determines where the earthing installation will take place. Thus these factors seem simple but have a huge impact on the earthing system working. If these factors are taken into consideration, one can surely enjoy the benefits it has to offer. The benefits that can be availed through the earthing system are mentioned as below:
- Reduces the risk of electric shock: The main benefit of installing the earthing system is that it reduces electric shock risk. Electric shock could be caused by leakage or faulty on the exposed conductor surface. Through earthing solutions, a low resistance path is provided through wires that discharge the electric current to the ground. This helps to avoid any fatal accidents. Hence it is important to install an earthing system as in case of any electric charge leakage, it will be shifted to the ground and not to the human body or electric appliances where the risks of irreparable damages are high.
- Eliminate the risk of fire: Earthing systems also provide protection against fire because of lighting or any faulty current leakage. This thus eliminates the risk of fire, and thus one can be sure of safety.
- Stabilization of Voltage: The earthing system is known to stabilize the voltage. It acts as a balance point. This is done through multiple sources, acting as a reference point. When the neutral point is connected to the earth, it balances the voltage.
- Proper Functioning of Equipment: Electrical equipment costs a fortune. It is impossible to install these again and again as it will lead to the blockage of productive funds. So it only makes sense that proper care must be taken. For this purpose, the installation of an earthing lightning system is necessary. This is because sudden surges can permanently damage this equipment permanently, thus leading to wastage of money. The Earthing system will thus ensure that your electrical works in better condition and for a longer duration.
- Act as a Conductor: The whole of the Earthing system act as a conductor. In an earlier time, the terminal connected from the load center to the generation plant is known as the positive terminal. In the case of a negative terminal, both the load center and generation plant is connected to the earth. Hence here, the earthing system act as a negative conductor.
- Eliminating static Charge: Earthing system has the power to remove all kind of static charge that gets builds up in the conductors leading to the possibility of accidents.
- Helps in avoiding surges: Excessive surges are very common that can take place in your electrical system. Lightning is one common issue of electric surges. These surges can cause irreparable damage to electrical appliances and even to human life. This thus makes the installation of the earthing system more important as one cannot predict these surges, so it is better that one is prepared in advance.
- ● Stabilization of Voltage: The earthing system is also used to stabilize the voltage. It acts as a balance point. This is possible through multiple sources, which is common that acts as a reference point. When the neutral point is connected to the earth, it balances the voltage.
Hence this shows that earthing system installation provides various benefits to its user. It’s something that one must no ignore otherwise, severe damages could be caused. There is particular type of earthing known as foundation earthing. In Foundation earthing, the earthing is built on the foundation of the construction site. Foundation earthing gets completed before the start of any construction work. Foundation earthing requires can only be done with the help of specialized technicians. More and more people are choosing foundation earthing over others. This is because it is built into concrete and is connected electrically to the armor of the construction.
This is lead to the best earthing solution with minimum resistance when compared to other earthing solutions. This also helps to provide corrosion resistance. Another big advantage of foundation earthing is that it leads to overall cost reduction. It protects against lightning as well and one need have to install new additional earthing system for lightning protection.
Hence foundation earthing is the ultimate solution as it protects against all forms of electrocution and various dangerous situations.