Susan Kare, one of the most admired and renowned pixel artists and the one who designed the first icons once said, “Good design’s not about what medium you’re working in. It’s about thinking hard about those goals that you want to be fit in before you start. So if you are thinking hard regarding Graphic Design qualification in the UK you better take a look at her quote. Interest and skill are something that can take you there.
So if you are thinking ideas and creativity come naturally to people, then it is not all true. You need to think deeply and hard about what you want to design and for that imagination is the key. So people, if you have a heart for imagination and can turn it into a visual imprint then you are not far from achieving your dream goal to be a graphic designer in the UK.
Although there is no thumb rule that defines Graphic Design Qualification UK but getting some badges can help you go smoothly through this phase.
What Graphic Design Qualification UK do you need?
You might feel sometimes that you need only skills if you want to enter a profession like graphic designing but then there is a lot more to it. To embark professionally into this field, you need qualifications and that comes with getting yourself enrolled in some certificate courses that might help you enhance your value.
So, the Graphic Design Qualification UK that you need might be a diploma or degree in related courses and subjects like graphic design, illustration, fine art, visual communication, or product design. There are many acclaimed universities and art institutes that offer these courses all across the UK and hundreds of students get them enrolled in these colleges every year.
If you are willing to go into academics then the best-suited option for you will be to get yourself into a foundation course in art. On one hand, you may take a diploma course and if you want to pursue it on the basis of part-time then go for a foundation course. The duration of such a part-time course would be 2 years.
All these qualifications will add to your portfolio and help you validate your skills and give them ground. Building a CV is extremely important because that way you will be able to put across your skills and expertise with a certification. This tells beforehand that you are qualified enough to be a graphic designer in the UK. Moreover, a portfolio for you can be a way to showcase your creativity. Just come up with a brilliant style to embed your work links and get ahead in the lead by showing all that you have done so far.
Key Graphic Design Qualifications UK
There are some qualifications that can help you get into Graphic Designing in the UK with ease if you have certain certifications. For most of the art and design courses, you will need certain requirements beforehand. Let’s give our concentration on these points:
- BTECH National Diploma or Certificate – Four GCSEs with a passing grade of 9-4 (A*-C)
- HNC/ HND – A Levels or equivalent in art subject
- Degree – Five GCSEs or equivalent with two A-levels or equivalent in the related art subject.
You must agree with me that to enter any company or your dream firm, the best way to do it without any prior certification is through internships or apprenticeships. With it, you will get a chance to earn and get experience in the field of Graphic Designing.
So if you are thinking about Graphic Design Qualification UK then you are never going to get ashtray if you have apprenticeship experience in your hand. Many both big and small companies offer these kinds of opportunities and even pay well. With it, you will be trained for a good period of time and will get a chance to work professionally. There are a lot many available and not all of these require some entry qualification.
So if you are willing to secure a name in this field, then talk to your counselor or lookout for certain openings that can help you give experience and exposure in graphic designing.
If you get a chance to secure one for yourself, then all you have to do is, give out yourself completely and work with extreme dedication. Why? There is a chance you might get hired based on your performance, so if you like the work then do not hesitate to give your 100%.
What capabilities required to be a Graphic Designer?
● Good IT Skills: You need to be up-to-date with the latest software for photo editing. This is an essential part of graphic designing that can’t be done away with.
● Creativity: What is art without creativity? And the same goes for the artist as well. You need to be creative and distinct in your approach because graphics are all about good ideas.
● Organizational Skills: One thing that a graphic designer must know is the concept of organization. Using so many forms, colors and mediums it is important to convert it into a coherent whole.
● Meeting Deadlines: Be ready to work under the pressure of deadlines. So many people say that they have skills but they can’t really come up with that creativity when the factor of time comes in. To develop an approach for managing time well.
● Execution: If you have ideas then that’s great but if you do know and have the means to execute and bring them to life then all your ideas will stay inside your brain forever. So execution is the key!
So if you have the skills and interest, then start working from today only!
Just gather all the knowledge and get yourself a qualification that can help you shine brightly from all. The approach is simple, get yourself enrolled in a diploma or degree course and start learning from today. Internships can be your way to do it as well. Make a choice now!