When companies need janitorial services, there are multiple factors to consider. Finding a suitable company for the job takes careful research. Learning what to look for will help ensure business owners feel prepared to find a janitorial service that will meet their needs.
Tips for Choosing the Right Janitorial Service
If companies search for a janitorial service, they need to keep some factors in mind. Considering the following will ensure the professional janitors take care of all the cleaning duties a company needs.
- How much training have the janitors had? The janitors should be well-trained and certified. All janitorial employees should be highly trained to use cleaning equipment and understand how to take care of the flooring, furniture, and window treatments in a building.
- When vetting a janitorial service, business owners must inquire about the equipment used by the cleaning company. Does the company use advanced equipment? Will the service allow potential customers to view the equipment? If the service uses outdated equipment, it may not be equipped to handle the needs of the company.
- How much experience does the commercial cleaning company bring to the table? Companies with years in the industry are more likely to provide a high level of expertise for all types of cleaning needs.
- In addition to checking the license and insurance of the service, business owners also need to research the services offered by each cleaning company. The services offered by a janitorial company indicate the level of quality service business owners can expect.
Meet With At Least Three Janitorial Companies
One of the biggest mistakes business owners make when they need a cleaning service is hiring the first one they discover. Before deciding on a janitorial service, business owners should meet with at least three providers to get bids and other information.
Talking with the company owners face to face allows business owners the opportunity to ask pertinent questions. The following questions should help determine if a janitorial service is right for a business.
- Does the janitorial service have liability and workers’ compensation insurance?
- How does the company choose its employees? Does the company conduct background checks and drug testing?
- What types of cleaners does the janitorial service use when cleaning a business?
- Does the janitorial service charge by the hour, room, or via a set contract price? Make sure to get everything in writing.
- What cleaning services does the janitorial company offer small business owners? Can the services be customized to meet the specific needs of the business?
After a business owner has gathered information from each of the janitorial services, they should sit down and go over the provided answers, the cost, and the level of service. Eventually, individuals should be able to narrow down their choice to one company that stands out from the rest.
Hire a Professional
Hiring a janitorial service that offers a high level of professionalism is critical for obtaining the best cleaning services. By vetting the janitorial companies thoroughly, business owners will ensure their properties will be made clean, inviting, and safe for their customers and employees.
A janitorial company offers a wide range of services, including cleaning daily, weekly, or monthly. Janitors can clean according to the scheduling needs of business owners. Many janitorial companies also offer deep cleaning services when necessary. With the tips above, now is the time to start researching.