Top 8 reasons to set up your guitar!
Playing good music is blissful. It is an amazing feeling when you play with the strings of your favourite guitar and create that pleasant sound of music. But sometimes even your favourite guitar shows some issues which are enough to ruin the entire charm of the notes. And one of those problems is the improper setup of your guitar. Do you know that the end results of the music you play and your experience with a guitar is deeply impacted by the accurate setup of this equipment?
Ø Some important reasons to set up your guitar now!
By setting up the guitar we actually mean going for only the best job done by the professionals. The guitar setups by Colourtone Guitars are always perfect and accurate as they excel in having oodles of experience in carrying out this task since years. So, when you are handing your equipment to them, rest assured, they’ll do the best job. But of course, right now you’re searching for the reasons to get this set up done and that’s what we have listed below:
1. You can’t remember the last set up — So, do answer this practical question. When did you last set up your guitar? Was it the last month, year, or may be a decade ago? If the time span is more than a year, then the experts recommend you to take this equipment to the professionals and redo the set up. And occasionally go for this session at least twice a year to keep your guitar properly working.
2. It’s practically a new instrument — Well, so you just bought a new guitar? Great! But do you know that the factory set-up of the guitar might not be actually suitable for you? Because if you are a beginner, you’ll find this set-up hard to understand. And if you are already a pro, your style and set-up might be different and distinct. So, without fail, always take your new guitar to a professional for setting it up perfectly well.
3. You’re having problems playing it — If your tunes aren’t coming out as you expect, then probably the set up of the guitar has altered a bit. It’s always best to go for a professional set up at this time.
4. Some notes of the guitar aren’t playing at all — When you are trying to use the strings and play some notes, these don’t appear to play. This might be a serious issue in your set-up and it really needs to be put back to normal and perfectly functional again.
5. Your fingers are getting hurt while playing the guitar — The sharp nuts of the guitar strings can be very prickly. And if the set-up of your instrument is improper, these would automatically hurt you when you try to use these for creating notes. We think this reason is enough to visit a professional for guitar set-up.
6. Two different strings are providing the same sound — Each and every string of your guitar creates a unique sound. However, if you notice that two entirely different strings are creating the same buzz, then it’s time to go for a guitar set-up immediately.
7. It’s just too dirty — Maybe your guitar has been stored for some years now. Definitely, there would be lots of dirt and dust accumulated in its string and other parts of the instrument. Yes, you can clean the rest of the parts of the guitar easily, but it requires only a professional’s help to clean the mess in and around the strings. Of course, while you try to clean the strings on your own, you’re bound to change the settings and this leads to lots of problems later. So, better visit a professional, get the guitar cleaned up and the set-up redone perfectly well again.
8. You want to customise the guitar as per your use — It is always a pleasure to play your musical instrument as per your own choices. Every musician is different and that is why even your style of playing the guitar is very unique as well. So, if you want to get your guitar customised and play it as per your choice, opt for a unique set-up done by the professionals.
Each and every factor listed in this post about the guitar pinpoint to only one thing – you can enjoy the best results with your guitar only if you are getting the right set-up done by the professionals. We hope the message is crystal clear now and you’ll soon think of gifting your guitar this loving care as well.