Knowledge management systems have been a part of industries and MNCs for a long time. These systems have proved their mettle and robustness and lived up to the reputation that they have built over the years.
Enterprise knowledge management is a program that collects, organizes, retrieves, and optimizes information for an organization or the masses. These services usually help in customer support services. Mentioned software falls under the category of support services. This software can be considered to be a tool that sorts out information. For instance, if we suppose the database of a large organization in the context of support and queries, mentioned software by using its unique sorting algorithm extracts and categorizes certain information. Thus later putting them together which take the form of frequently asked questions viz. FAQs and support queries. It also creates a constructive pool of answers for all usually asked questions to a customer support executive. This cuts slack in the time given to each customer and also makes the process faster.
Features of Enterprise knowledge management:
- Structured: The content developed by knowledge management systems are well structured and to the point. As these softwares sort through big piled-up databases to find relevant content so their content is highly coveted, structured, and is considered highly efficient for various purposes. Another aspect of data obtained through these management programs is that they are accurate. A knowledge management system with its exceptional computing ability makes sure to comb perfectly through every shred of data to produce effective results. These results are later utilized in making future strategies for companies or for preparing employee performance index.
- Encouraging DIY: Do it yourself culture has been flourishing ever since the advent of knowledge softwares. The dominant and rampant use of knowledge management systems had made it very easy to do the work without any interruption. Even the minuscule or gigantic work can be accomplished conveniently without the assistance of an analyst or researcher kind of guy. The knowledge management system is capable of digging through hoards of data or numbers to obtain the coveted information, and this can even be done by a newly recruited gimmick too irrespective of his/her analytical or technical knowledge. This whole thing eliminates the cloud of dependency and promotes the do-it-yourself culture in offices.
- Improved FCR and CSAT: With the implementation of knowledge management systems it becomes much easier to handle customers and tackle their problems. With the gigantic pool of solutions and query answers provided by knowledge management systems, customers get their issues resolved with just one call to the support services which increases the FCR rate. This enhances the customer support services leaps and bounds and also instills confidence in the minds of the support services personals. This increases the brand value of the product in use and it also increases the credibility of the call center or the outsourced business processing output. These things also enhance the image of the customer support team in the eyes of consumers.
Perks of having a knowledge management system:
- Training employees: Onboarding employees has never been this easy. This software offers freshly updated and relevant content to its users for their works. The knowledge management system can solve the most complex of queries or say resolve them in seconds. This helps improve relations of customers with the companies. The knowledge management system also functions as a virtual trainer for the new employees that have to be inducted. Sessions like orientation, teaching, or training can be conveniently conducted by knowledge management systems without any hassles. This makes the onboarding of new employees a breeze.
- Self-service: Mentioned software with its unique ability to create FAQs and ‘how to’ queries makes it easy for the consumer to find a solution himself/herself. The consumer just needs to navigate to the product website and under the support category, they would find their query or problem already answered. This makes the customer independent of the assistance of the service provider. This also saves time for both, the customer and seller. This way support services are available 24×7 for the customers. One innovation, in this case, is chatbots that are basically automated reply systems that are built for support services.
- Customized content: With the help of mentioned software the websites and workspace not only become organized but can also be customized according to the whims of the user. Content can be arranged according to the needs or requirements which gives a good look to the website. Besides an arranged stack of data is any day more useful than a chaotic stack of data. Files of every format, for instance, .pdf, .txt, .ppt, .xls, etc. can be placed at a place without any worries from where the administrator can decide who gets to access these files on their computers.
- Reducing Average Holding Time (AHT): With the creation of a vast pool of help resources, it has become easier than ever to navigate the customers to solve their problems. Mentioned software sorts out useful information from a pile of data to construct a useful data pool. This eases the work of employees in BPOs or customer support offices to get their work done which usually is solving customer issues related to products or services. This decreases the average holding time spent on a customer by the support executive. Mentioned software’s this feature is one among the many that are useful to the support industry.
Enterprise knowledge management system is the current need of the market and majority of the businesses. Its unique sorting ability to scan through piles of data and finding the required information with such a wide spectrum of use makes this program indispensable. Its use especially in the customer support wing is irresistible which makes it a blue-eyed boy of every business. On a finishing note, we can conclude that programs like these are meant to enhance support services. Using their unique abilities they sure help in other aspects for development or easing work too. But where their true talent or use lies is support services.