The audio experience is a critical aspect when playing your favorite computer games. But, how can you have the best listening experience if you rarely clean your headphone pads? Uncleaned headphone pads lead to several problems.
That’s why we made this guide to help you clean your headphone pads.
Why Should You Clean Your Headphone Pads?
Cleaning your headphone pads have several benefits, it includes:
- Saving money: If you take care of your headphone pads, it keeps them in good shape for a longer time. Thus, you do not have to buy a replacement that often.
- Comfortable: A fresh and clean headphone pad gives you a high level of comfort. It does not only give you an optimum level of experience, but it also gives you the comfort to focus on your game.
- More hygienic: Headphone pads gather dirt, bacteria, and sweat over time. Uncleaned ones may lead to health problems. Proper cleaning routines will minimize and prevent smelly, dirty, and moldy headphone pads.
Cleaning and taking care of your headphone pads properly bring you several benefits. There’s no need to bring your headphone pads to the nearest laundromat. You can do it at home. It does not need any heavy-duty work. Take time to extend the lifespan of your headphones with minimal effort.
How to Clean Your Headphone Pads?
A laundry expert suggests you do not have to wash your headphone pads at the laundry shop. Instead, you can do it at home. You only have to follow these critical guidelines in taking care of your headphone pads:
- You have to be careful when cleaning your headphone pads. These are made of delicate materials, like leather or foam. Remove the ear pads carefully. If you are not careful with it, it can tear easily.
- Dampen a small clean cloth with soap and warm water. Wipe the cloth over the exterior of the headphones and the pad. Wipe dry it with paper towels and leave them to air dry completely.
- Use and soak a cotton bud or Q-tip in alcohol. Clean the nooks and crevices of the ear pads with the Q-tip or cotton bud.
- Dab some alcohol over the surface of the foam mesh and gently rub the sides. It helps remove the bacteria that are residing in the ear pads. More so, the gentle rubs will dislodge the dirt or grime on the headphone pads.
- Leave the headphone pads to air dry and dry them with some paper towel to ensure it is completely dry before reattaching them.
Most people do not think of cleaning their headphone pads. It is essential to clean your headphone pads, not only to experience optimum audio experience but also for hygiene purposes. Besides keeping your headphones clean, you should also keep your ears clean. Having both of them cleaned gives you an optimal listening experience.
There you have it! Do these simple steps whenever needed. No matter what headphones you use, take some minimal effort to clean them.