It is mostly seen that students enjoy studying Science as compared to any other subject. This is because the subject of Science untangles the universe in such a way that students see the world in a different light altogether. It is an enigmatic subject that unfurls in front of us the mysteries of the human body, the universe consisting of planets and galaxies, the components via which various objects have come into existence and much more.
Class 8 becomes an important phase in any student’s life as it grooms and develops one’s intellect to help them in their Board Examinations, which will be held in the near future. The syllabus of Class 8 helps in understanding the concepts offered by the curriculum of Class 9, which in turn helps the student in comprehending the syllabus of Class 10. Therefore, it becomes very essential for the student to be thorough with the curriculum designed for Class 8 because not only will it serve its purpose in the Class 8 examinations, but will also go on to prove its worth in the higher classes.
The Class 8 Science syllabus is divided into three segments, Biology, Physics and Chemistry in a single book, different from the 11th and 12th Standards where there are separate books for each. The Class 8 science includes the chapters consisting of microorganisms, force and pressure and chemical effects etc. These chapters are then studied in detail in the higher secondary. Hence, the student needs to have a stronghold on the important concepts and ideas taught through these chapters in the Class 8 syllabus to be able to fare well in the higher classes.
- Follow A Routine: The first and most prominent thing that a student should follow and devise for themselves is the routine. They are supposed to give equal time to all the subjects and complete the day to day tasks regularly so that no leftover and pending work is left by the end of the year. This will not only help the student in learning the value of time management, but in addition, it will also give the student enough and adequate time to revise each chapter and the important concepts present in these before the examination, so that they are well prepared and well organized with their syllabus.
- Make Notes: Along with following the routine, it is also important for the student to make neat, organized and pointwise notes for each chapter. For a subject such as Science, it is always advised that the student should cultivate the habit of making a flow-chart while studying. This will help them in understanding the concepts and theories in a better and broader light. Moreover, it will serve as an easy resource for the student before the examination.
- Read Every Chapter: Science offers theories and formulas that are important for the student to memorize to give the right answers. For Biology, it becomes important for the student to memorize the important biological names, as well as certain diagrams and the various parts present in that particular diagram. Apart from these, it is not advisable for the student appearing for the exams to memorize and mug up each and every answer given in the exercise. One has to understand the main motive behind a given answer, in which case mugging up proves to be of no help.
Apart from this, every student should also cultivate the habit of studying every chapter before moving on to solving the exercises. Many times, it is noticed that the students directly jump to the exercises as a way of shortcut to avoid reading the whole chapter. This is to be avoided because as a result of this the student will often miss the important idea that the chapter conveys.
- Refer To Ncert Solutions: Once the student is done with the reading of the chapters and memorizing the important names, diagrams and theories, the student is now advised to turn his gaze towards the NCERT Science Class 8 solutions designed especially for them by student matter experts. These solutions are designed to solve and aid the needs and requirements of the students. They have various exercises present in them with detailed and explanatory answers that help the child in understanding the concept better.
Moreover, these solutions also have solved previous years question papers with the help of which the student can deduce the patterns of the questions asked in the examinations and practice accordingly. Added bonus is the simple and easily comprehensible language that makes the task of the student more manageable and clears all their doubts and queries and makes the concept crystal clear to them.
- Practice: It is advised to practice the exercises present in these solutions regularly. The various formulas and theories that Physics offers, the different biological names and diagrams inherent in Biology and the chemical reactions and formulas that makes Chemistry famous, requires extensive and repeated practice and dedication. Doing so will not only help the student in increasing their writing speed, which will give them enough time to revise their paper in the examination hall, but along with this it also develops and boosts the confidence in every student which is a very important factor, as without confidence one proceeds to write the wrong answer even while knowing the right answer.
Following these simple yet effective rules will help the student immensely in doing well in their examinations. But apart from these, it is also important to remember and follow a healthy lifestyle along with having adequate physical exercise. Make sure that you are eating green foods and spending some time on your favourite activities like playing basketball, listening to music, reading your favourite books, etc. This will help the mind to refresh and get rid of the dullness. All the best for your exams.